SHARING A LOVE OF QUILTMAKING BY HAND

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Swap Blocks

Some years back, I was in an online group, Handpiecing and Applique, with a small group of quilters who loved piecing and applique by hand.  When we parted ways, a few of us sent swap blocks to each other.  I received 8 blocks and I was not sure what to do with them, so I set them aside to figure out later.  Here it is almost 2 years later and I finally got around to sewing them together.  I want to thank the ladies who made these blocks for me.  I think of each of you often.
The blocks were made by:
Eileen T/California       Dorothy/Australia        Julia/Ohio
Evelyn/Washington       Mair/Massachusetts     Karen/Germany
Susie/Nebraska              Me                               Miriam/Idaho

If any of you are reading this, I would love to see what you have done with your swap blocks.

3 comments:

  1. The quilt looks great, Linda! I found my blocks a few weeks ago when I was cleaning out my craft closet. I haven't done anything with them yet, but I still have them. How do you think you will finish this top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mair! I wanted it to just be a simple reminder of the friendship and comraderie I had with these ladies, so I just sewed the blocks together, making a 27 inch square, which I will hand quilt and turn into a wallhanging or table topper. I am so grateful that each lady wrote her name and location on her block. It reminds me of the things we chatted about and learned from each other. A special group.

      Delete
  2. Such lovely blocks! And a wonderful memory!

    ReplyDelete